Activating your mobile phone signature via FinanzOnline
Quick, convenient and secure access
Your mobile phone signature (Handy-Signatur) acts as a digital identity card on the Internet and provides you with a number of useful tools, such as FinanzOnline. It also enables you to deal with official matters, including your tax affairs, conveniently and at any time of day. Using the mobile signature is free of charge and subject to the highest security standards.
How to get your mobile phone signature in just a few steps:
- Log in to FinanzOnline with your login data.
- After logging in, scroll down and click on "Activate mobile phone signature".
- The form for entering your mobile number opens in a new window. Select the country code of your mobile number and then enter your mobile number WITHOUT country code.
- Confirm by clicking "YES, I have read the above information and would like to activate my mobile phone signature now."
- Click "Next."
- The "Temporary Identification" page appears. Click "Send".
- Within a few days, you will receive a letter with your activation/revocation PIN and instructions on how to complete the activation.
You can also complete the activation in person at any of the info centres of the Austrian Tax Office. To do so, please make an appointment at bmf.gv.at/terminvereinbarung.
You can find more information on mobile phone signatures at www.handy-signatur.at.
Make use of the advantages and activate your mobile phone signature!