In the Anti-Fraud Office, the tax and social fraud units of the Federal Ministry of Finance are consolidated. This ensures a coordinated and more efficient strategic and nationwide operational control of the preventive and repressive fight by the Ministry of Finance against fraud.
The Anti-Fraud Office sees itself externally as a fair partner of honest businesses and society, and internally as a performance-based but also employee-oriented organisation. The AFO (Amt für Betrugsbekämpfung, ABB) is set up as an all-Austrian financial authority for criminal offences (excluding customs duty) and service, consisting of the following divisions:
The Anti-Fraud Office's areas of activity include:
- Financial criminal investigations;
- Detection of tax and duty evasion;
- Sanctioning measures pending final decision;
- Financial policing and regulatory measures;
- Investigation and detection of social fraud;
- Handling international agendas in the area of administrative and legal assistance as well as liaison with international anti-fraud units (e.g., Eurofisc, Europol, OLAF, etc..);
- Proactive focus on specific areas of fraud such as gambling, cryptocurrencies, money laundering, etc.
Contact- Anti-Fraud Office (Link in German)